Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shoes Story

I knocked off work early today and was walking happily to the bus-stop, thinking of where to grab a bite before I go catch a movie, when strap of my right sandal broke! So I had to call for a cab to get home. There went my plan of having a nice time watching a movie at the cinema!

This is NOT the 1st time this happens to me! There was once when I was in NUS, walking down a slope to the bus-stop, when my sandal strap broke - I had to hobble my way to a nearby building to wait for a cab. Another time, I was going to board the ferry to Batam when the sole of my shoes came apart! I had to run into one of the shops to grab a pair of shoes! Sigh! The thing is those sandals / shoes that I wore didn't look like they were going to give way any time or I wouldn't have worn them. They just came apart when I least expect them to!

Guess it's a wise move when I bought 3 pairs of shoes when I was in Hong Kong :) 3 pairs of shoes for about SGD$40. Heheh I'm really pleased with my purchases :) Especially when I find it very difficult to find shoes that I like. Or rather shoes that I like and that are affordable. Hmm there are a few pairs of Ferragamo shoes that I really like but I just can't bring myself to spend so much on a pair of shoes...

No comments: