Friday, December 8, 2006

On leave but on call 24/7

Sigh! Went back to the office just a few hours after I reached home. Actually I'm supposed to be still on leave!

Then 1 of the clerks screamed at me for a few minutes before I politely and calmly told her that I'm not in charge of that particular area of work. What's the world coming to?! I felt tempted to add that even if I was indeed the one in charge, I'm not her subordinate and she definitely has no right to scream at me. But I didn't. My friend told me he would have given them a piece of his mind if they called him when he was on leave, let alone being screamed at for nothing. I told him I might do that when provoked to the extreme. Guess my threshold hasn't been crossed yet though I was quite irritated and grouchy...

No comments: