Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Latent Aggressive Monster Unleashed!

The latent aggressive monster in me was unleashed this afternoon during a meeting to discuss a deal which places my company in an unfavourable position. I know I came across as rather aggressive and unwilling to give way but my points were not invalid.

Anyway I found out later that this sorry excuse of a man from PS complained to his boss that the way my colleague and I dealt with the situation was 'not very nice'. In the end, his boss mentioned it to my boss and my boss later told me to tone it down. It's crazy! We were not negotiating a peace deal! How nice did he expect me to be? It's a zero-sum game situation and he expects me to be generous and let him win the deal? Given the situation then, I don't see how I could remain meek and mild. Well, I guess I could. But that means the company would have come out of it worse off for sure.

I'm not upset that the negotiations did not go as cordially as hoped. However I must say that I despise that sorry and pathetic wimp (who should be wearing diapers rather than a pair of pants. No, I won't say he should be wearing skirts for that would be an insult to women!) who was unable to stand his ground with me and had to run crying to his boss. Why make it so personal? I understood that he was arguing for his company's interest as I was mine. If he can't take a fight, then go home and be a mummy's boy.

No comments: